Please do throw your hands up!


As you would Jay-Z, please "allow me to re-introduce myself":


My name is Mathias
(Mathias!)
J. to the
[LAST NAME DELETED FOR PRIVACY].
And you will find

Reading this blog is crucial!

Truth be told, I am not actually a professional rapper. But much like Jigger, I have the "hottest chick in the game
wearing my chain":


That is Angie, my lover, and Frank, her ex-husband. I took this picture when the three of us were out window-shopping in Kenosha this past summer. The three of us hang out sometimes. Sometimes just the two of them hang out - I do not mind. Well, actually Angie pointed out to me that it's not my place to mind, because the two of us are on "heyatus" at the moment. Technically then, I don't have "the hottest chick in the game wearing my chain." Instead, "the hottest chick in the game [was] wearing my chain." Maybe one day, the "hottest chick in the game [will be] wearing my chain [once again]."

While Angie and Frank are splitting rent in an apartment in Milwaukee (I do not mind), I am halfway around the world in Austria. I live in a small city/big town called Klagenfurt, where I teach English and American culture to high school kids. The students and the teachers in these schools are friendly, even if they do talk funny.

Work is less than intense, so I've decided to use some of my free time to do some writing. This blog exists so that I can have somewhere to relay stories of being a teacher and of being abroad. This blog also exists to write about things that have absolutely nothing to do with Austria. Or teaching. Or good taste.

In general, this blog exists to entertain - not to whine about crummy weather or an irksome boss. Admittedly, it is possible that this blog also exists in order to impress Angie and ultimately win her back. But I'm not quite certain whether she and Frank have internet in their new apartment yet.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ummm, so... what are you listening to?

Anonymous said...

looks like i'll have just as little to do, so i guess i'm stuck reading this steaming pile of horseshit.

bff,

Megan Hova

Anonymous said...

i really liked your blog...but is it too much to ask for you to provide the reader with a smiley face icon that indicates your mood? It works for myspace...what, you think you're better than myspace? That Tom guy is probably worth something like $80,000.00. Put up some fucking mood indicators.

Anonymous said...

ah mathias, it sounds like you are having a good time. if you are free and can take a little travel break, my friend trent and i will be in berlin march 13-21. good day to you sir!

Anonymous said...

Ah Mathias! Thanks for the link to your blog - i can always use some lively diversion from my Nville kids. I'm glad your job isn't too strenuous - mine isn't but that's cuz I try to cut corners as much as I can ... :::embarassed face::: Exhibit A: my bedroom which I am in currently - over 120 papers are strewn across my floor, currently 0 are graded. They were turned in at the beginning of October ... hmm ... Anyway, I'm excited to "keep in touch" with you in this way - hope u keep writing!

By Name